Study permit is a document issued to foreign nationals to allow them to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. The student need to apply for study permit before travel to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. In some other cases, you can apply when you arrive in Canada at the port of entry.

Before applying for a study permit, you normally need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institutions. We’re working with more than 800 schools in Canada and we can help you with your admission process and getting the acceptance letter.

Designated learning institutions

Provinces and territories approve (or “designate”) schools that can enrol international students. These schools are known as designated learning institutions (DLI). If you need a study permit, your acceptance letter must be from a DLI. If it isn’t, your application will be refused.

Number of international student studying in Canada in 2018
International students expenditure in 2018

After receiving the letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution, application for study permit should be submitted. The study permit usually is valid until 90 days after the end date of the chosen program.

Immibright is working with over 800 schools in Canada and 1200 globally and can help you with your program selection and admission process.

You can fill out our free a or book an immigration consultation to get more information.

Free Immigration Assessment
Book an immigration consultation